Level 1, Set 6: Review (5 books)
We have run out of stock for this item.
Level 1 focuses on stories with three-letter words containing short vowels. Each book is 8.5 x 5.5 inches and contains sixteen pages of story (on rare occasions fifteen pages).
First Step Phonics books are the only beginning reader books which have ALL of the following qualities:
- No words consisting of more than three letters
- Contain a minimum of sight words *
- Usually have only one short sentence per page
- No punctuation used other than periods
- All sentences are grammatically correct
- All stories have a plot and resolution
- Every page has fun, engaging, full-color illustrations
*Sight words are words which do not follow phonetic rules, such as “to” or contain sounds above this level, such as the consonant blend in “and.”
Set 6 includes 5 books focusing on a review of all 6 short vowels.
- Jon and Meg
- Liz Has Fun
- Kim and Jed
- The Fox and the Pup
- The Dog and the Bug